Wednesday, February 6, 2008

is there a manila paper?


A visitor who had coffee with me at this blog jokingly asked me, in relation to a post I made on the Manila Envelope as Macbook Air’s container if a Manila Paper also exists. And yes, just like the Manila envelope which was made of Manila hemp or abaca, Manila paper also exists and it is made of, guess what, the same material.

I was laughing why it took me so long to answer that question when the manila paper is a very common art and classroom material that is used in Philippine schools from pre-school to college. We use it to draw our artworks, write our school presentations and even to wrap our gifts.

The Manila paper is color beige, slightly yellow. It is a very inexpensive writing and presentation material that it is even used in office presentations.

No comments: